Wednesday 29 September 2010

Installation art and sculpture

Ah... waking up at 5am on a Saturday. I love how empty the streets are. As winter approaches, it's now dark at 5am. It was really uncharacteristically cold too.

Just shot a little piece over the weekend, featuring Nancy Durrant (Visual Arts editor for the Sunday Times). It's a little to-camera piece where she shows us around an arts exhibition called Bold Tendencies, held on the top two floors of a disused Peckham multi-story car park (South London).

We got some lovely shots, and the little film should go live on Tate Channels soon, and perhaps other places after that.

Directed and produced by Alastair Moore, with me doing the DoP role. It was nice actually having extra people to flag off light and hold reflectors etc.

We were very lucky: the weather predicted clouds and rain, and we got sun until we wrapped at around 14:00.

I used the 24mm 1.4 most of the time, it's just the best lens. I think I use it for about 80% of my shots, it's so versatile, and at f1.4 it has such shallow depth of focus that I don't feel a pressing need to go to longer lenses just to blur the background.

Bold Tendencies can be seen here: http://boldtendencies.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment